cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C100 / Export statistics wrong time-period / Howto change?

Pat_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

If we have a look at the "Monitor, Internal Users" we can change the time range from "day" to "week" to "month".

If we want to export the same displayed time range as CSV for Excel, we don't get the same period... :oops:

Choosing the "day" for displaying in the browser (24 Aug 2008 16:00 to 25 Aug 2008 16:45 (GMT +0200) Data in time range: 100.0 % complete), we get the URL:
https://IP/monitor/reports/internal_users?date_range=current_day&report_def_id=mga_internal_users&search_option=equal&report_query_id=mga_internal_users_top_incoming_messages&format=csv
and the CSV-data looks like this:

Begin Timestamp,End Timestamp,Begin Date,End Date,Internal User,Clean Messages
1219586400.0,1219589999.0,2008-08-24 14:00 GMT,2008-08-24 14:59 GMT,mail.adress@company.com,1
You can see, this is just an HOUR and not a DAY.

The same for the time-range "month":
https://IP/monitor/reports/internal_users?date_range=current_month&report_def_id=mga_internal_users&search_option=equal&report_query_id=mga_internal_users_top_incoming_messages&format=csv
Begin Timestamp,End Timestamp,Begin Date,End Date,Internal User,Clean Messages
1217023200.0,1217109599.0,2008-07-25 22:00 GMT,2008-07-26 21:59 GMT,mail.adress@company.com,5
This is just a DAY not a month...

How can I export the same time-range to Excel as shown in the Browser with the same values for incoming/outgoing number of mails?

7 Replies 7

Douglas Hardison
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Pat,

What version of AsyncOS do you happen to be running on your Ironport?
I've not seen this behavior before, and wonder if perhaps it's new.

Pat_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

Actually we use v6.3.5-003

Douglas Hardison
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Pat,

This appears to be an issue with the reporting export in the version you are using.

As with any defect, you can query your account team for the status of its progression.

-whardison

Pat_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for the fast answer, whardison.
I will have a look in the next versions for a possible fix.

Do we have any possibility for a workaround?
(Manually change the URL or somehting else?)

Douglas Hardison
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

At this point in time, I do not know of a workaround. The issue is still currently being investigated.

Instead of using the export button on the reporting page, you might consider using an automated script as described in the AsyncOS Users Guide, under the section 'Retrieving CSV Data via Automated Processes'.

Pat_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

We have installed the AsynchOS version 6.3.6-003 today.
Can it be that this error is fixed now?

If I repeat the export steps for the time ranges, the CSV seems to contain the matching amount of data for that range.

Any "official" answer for this?

Douglas Hardison
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Pat,

I dot not see an official statement that this particular issue was singled out for inclusion in a new release. That being said, any reporting issues resolved in this (or intermediate point versions not publically released ) could most definitely overlap the issue and allow the export to work properly.

-whardison

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: