Views
Helpful
Replies

Remote host said: 550 5.2.1 Mail from 209.X.X.X refused: spa

Ranjit_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

My Friend is facing a problem he is not able to send mails from outside for e.g yahoo.com his mx is natted on the firewall to my exchange server.

Sender gets a bounce back mail stating below: -

<XXX>:
203.X.X.X does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 550 5.2.1 Mail from 209.X.X.X refused: spam site.
Giving up on 203.X.X.X.

Sorry but i dont know whether this forum should answer my querries which are actually of my friends.

But if you could it would be really helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Ranjit

5 Replies 5

Douglas Hardison
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ranjit,

:
203.X.X.X does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 550 5.2.1 Mail from 209.X.X.X refused: spam site.
Giving up on 203.X.X.X.

implies that the recipient server is using antispam or blacklist software to refuse connections from certain IP addresses, including the 209.x.x.x address you cited.

I would consider using an RBL lookup tool such as
http://www.mxtoolbox.com/blacklists.aspx to check the 209.x.x.x address against different RBLs.

If it turns out that it is indeed listed, you would need to go to the respective listing site to see how to get off their list.

( I am not affiliated with mxtoolbox, they just have a convenient lookup tool on their site )

Ranjit_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Whardison,

Really appreciate your reply thanks a lot. Actually i checked the ip address in blacklist url which you mentioned it gives status ok and is not listed as blacklist.

any other possiblility for such reasons / errors.

Regards,
Ranjit

Douglas Hardison
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ranjit,

It could be that the site at 203.x.x.x has compiled their own RBL, which isn't publically listed.

At this point, I would recommend contacting the admin or helpdesk of the receiving domain to determine the reason for the blacklisting.

Obviously, if you cannot email them from your own server, this would need to be done by other means; such as phone call or emailing from another site ( hotmail, gmail, etc... )

-whardison

Ranjit_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

Hi whardison,

Actually they are not able to receive the mails from outsidedomain like yahoo.com or rediff.com etc.

And they have installed solution on their exchage i.e. mail security for exchange with has built in antispam.

Regards,
Ranjit

rouben_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

Hi whardison,

Actually they are not able to receive the mails from outsidedomain like yahoo.com or rediff.com etc.

And they have installed solution on their exchage i.e. mail security for exchange with has built in antispam.

Regards,
Ranjit

You mean the guys who're rejecting your mail can't receive mail from the outside? Sounds like a blacklist issue on their end, not much you can do other than somehow let them know that their mail relays are being "unreasonable" with their blacklisting.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: