cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SNMP Trap Problem

goutam_04
Level 1
Level 1

In my network there are different model of Cisco routers installed, In my NMS Monitoring system I am able to observed SNMP trap from all the routers except all Model apart from 7000 series. but checked snmp configuration is almost right, what can be the problem. I have checked through Etheral and have seen that those SNMP Trap I am not observing, source ip is blank in snmp packet. Please help me to solve this snmp trap problem

3 Replies 3

Farrukh Haroon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Perhaps you need to upload MIBs on your NMS correponding to his model.

Regards

Farrukh

can you tell me how,,,, coz, i dont have knowledge how to do it in NMS....NMS team is saying that SNMP trap is not coming...but I have checked the configuration is ok as per myself. but I have checked with Ethereal software and seen that some of the snmp packet is not showing any source address, may be thats is the reason but How can I solve it....

Which trap specifically?

Have you checked the Cisco Bug Toolkit for any SNMP related bugs on this platform?

If possible can you post a sample message?

Regards

Farrukh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: