cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Querying the Termination Call Detail table.

bhaskar27in
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can I query the Termination CallDetail table from the AW/HDS machine? I understand that it is not advisable to do so from the Logger machines. Will the performance get affected in any way when this TCD table is queried in the AW/HDS machine?

Thank You,

-Bhaskar

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

I just call the tables like so:

At the beginning of the query I do =

"use ssc_hds" (no quotes)

and when I call tables from the AW db =

"t_Termination_Call_Detail

left join

ssc_awdb.dbo.t_Agent" (no quotes)

View solution in original post

I was trying to lead you in the right direction. The HDS is the historical store - that's where you should look. Why look in the AW database? That holds config data and real-time data.

The poster above is indicating that if you need to "translate" the data coming from the TCDs into config data you need to join across the databases.

Regards,

Geoff

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Personally I usually query the TCD from the AW. However, if it's a very busy call center I usually only do it during slow times. In addition, I always try to make my queries pretty exact as to not pull thousands upon thousands of results.

david

Hi David,

I see that this table is populated only on the HDS machine. When I check this table in the AW machine, this table has no records. What do I do to get the records into this table on the AW machine? I just have one small query to run on this table, to get the CallTypeId using the SkillTargetID, that is all I intend to perform. I see no other tables where both the SkillTargetID and CallTypeID are present in one table.

Thank You,

-Bhaskar

Hi,

Why does this table in the AW database does not get populated?

-Bhaskar

Describe your machines. Do you have an AW (distributor) and an AW/HDS? Do you two AWs forming a 'site'. Do you also have two AW/HDS? Do you have WebView on another machine?

The HDS is the "Historical Data Store". What does that name mean to you? Where do you think historical data would be stored?

Regards,

Geoff

Hi Geoff,

I am sorry for the typo with the "machines". I have a machine which constitutes of AW and HDS. The database on this machine has AW database as well as HDS database. The TCD table of the HDS is populated with data, whereas the same table in the AW database isn't. I wonder why?

Thank You,

-Bhaskar

I just call the tables like so:

At the beginning of the query I do =

"use ssc_hds" (no quotes)

and when I call tables from the AW db =

"t_Termination_Call_Detail

left join

ssc_awdb.dbo.t_Agent" (no quotes)

I was trying to lead you in the right direction. The HDS is the historical store - that's where you should look. Why look in the AW database? That holds config data and real-time data.

The poster above is indicating that if you need to "translate" the data coming from the TCDs into config data you need to join across the databases.

Regards,

Geoff

Termination Call Detail data is stored into the t_Termination_Call_Detail table on HDS database.

Termination_Call_Detail is actually a view like this -

On the AWDB --

CREATE VIEW Termination_Call_Detail AS SELECT t.* FROM aafes_hds.dbo.Termination_Call_Detail t

On the HDS -

CREATE VIEW Termination_Call_Detail AS SELECT t.* FROM t_Termination_Call_Detail t

As you can see, the view on HDS gets data from the local t_Termination_Call_Detail table whereas the one on AWDB is a view to the t_Termination_Call_Detail table on the HDS.

If this view on the AWDB is not configured correctly, you will run into this issue you describe.

There are sql files under c:\icm\install folder where you can find all the SQL needed to fix these views. I would open a TAC case on this so they can help fix these views as there is another procedure where a table is dropped to help recreate the views.

Hi,

Thanks for the information, very valuable.

I am also trying to get informtion from the t_Termination_Call_Detail table to get stats on wrap-up codes by using a Informaker without success. No data comes out in the reports. However, I have been able to create other customized reports,

1.Is there anything special with this specific table?,

2.Does it need to handled in an special way?

Thanks very much for your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: