Views
Helpful
Replies

7906 and 7921 in existing CCM 4.1

felton_nl
Level 1
Level 1

Goodmorning,

I am making a proposal to introduce the Cisco 7906 and 7921 in an existing CCM 4.1 environment (4.1(3)-sr3d). CCM version is included in the attachments.

I have seen that devicepacks are needed, although I cannot determine which packs are needed. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks, Marvin

11 Replies 11

dezoconnor
Level 4
Level 4

Hi, use the link: CUCM software compatibility matrix found here:

http://uccert.wikidot.com/cisco-links

You can either install the required device packs or just the individual firmware files needed per device type.

HTH

Thanks for the link,

However, the webpage does not list CCM version 4.1 (which I am using).

Regards, Marvin

Hi Marvin, if you search on that document for 7906 and 7921 it shows you which firmware is compatible for each CUCM version from 4.0 through to 6.1.

Its also worth noting that if you do install a full device pack and run the full installation all devices within your cluster will have their firmware files updated. This can lead to undesirable effects i.e. phone button templates being changed etc. Just worth bearing in mind.

That is why intend to update the system with only the device packs for the 7906 and 7921.

I have printed the compatibility list (it is kinda big :) ).

If I would need to find out the file names of the packs, where would I need to go?

Regards,

Looking at the Matrix's for both phones the latest version of firmware you can download are:

7906G: 8.3(5) - SCCP

7921: 1.2(1)

To download these files you'll need a CCO account and a service contract.

Follow this link, click on IP Telephony and then IP Phones followed by Cisco Unified IP Phones 7900 series. From here you should see the pages for the required phone types.

http://tools.cisco.com/support/downloads/go/Redirect.x?mdfid=278875240

I know almost enough to make a recommendation and a time-table for the implementation for these new phones.

Thanks to you and Rob for helping me out... it is very much appreciated!

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Marvin,

Just to add a note to the great support from my friend Darren (Dez :)

You can use Cisco Unified CallManager Device Package 4.1(65.0) or 4.1(78.0) with any 4.1(3) version above 4.1(3)sr1. This will add support for the 7906 as well as the 7921;

Here are the two ReadMe docs;

http://www.cisco.com/web/software/Voice/html/ciscocm.4-1-DevPack-65.readme.html#_Toc185233550

http://www.cisco.com/web/software/282074299/21541/ciscocm.4-1-DevPack-78_readme.html#_Toc185233550

Go to;

Tools & Resources

Downloads

Voice and Unified Communications > Cisco Unified CallManager Version 4.1 > Unified Communications Manager/CallManager Device Packages > 4.1(65) > ciscocm.4-1-DevPack-65.exe

Or;

Voice and Unified Communications > Cisco Unified CallManager Version 4.1 > Unified Communications Manager/CallManager Device Packages > 4.1(78) > ciscocm.4-1-DevPack-78.exe

Hope this helps!

Rob

I think I have enough info to make a start with my proposal. As far as I can see there are three major points:

Existing phones: 7902, 7940 and 7960 (with 7914).

With any firmware upgrade beware with 7914 problems (update 7914 also

To install CCM support for 7906 and 7921 install two device packs:

ciscocm.4-1-DevPack-65.exe and ciscocm.4-1-DevPack-78.exe

I am wondering if I need to update the CCM firmware to 8.3(5)- SCCP. Do you guys know if this is a seperate action?

Hi Marvin,

Just a note here, the Device Pack would be an either/or not both :) If you go with 4.1(78.0) the Firmware that is installed is 8.3(5) so you would be good to go!

Hope this helps!

Rob

Yes, it does! Now I know almost enough to make a recommendation and a time-table for the implementation for these new phones.

Thanks to you and Dez for helping me out... it is very much appreciated!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: