Views
Helpful
Replies

AP1250 how to get more than 54Mb???

martinfe_cisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a Cisco 1250AP with 2 5Ghz antennas and 2 2.4 Ghz antennas too.

I have try to connect with several laptops and destops and i allways get 54Mb althought i have 802.11n cards.

How can i get to connect at 300Mbs??

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

you will not be able to get higher that that. With repeater mode your client will have their throughout cut in half right off the bat.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

dennischolmes
Level 7
Level 7

You can't. 300mb is theoretical raw data rate. The best you will actual you will get is 128-130 mb. That is with spatial multiplexing, AES encryption, high throughput enabled, packet aggregation enabled, and 40mhz channel bonding enabled.

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for for information. How do i get this speed, please?

Thanks,

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for for information. How do i get this speed, please?

Thanks,

Dennis, I can get 130Mb with 20mhz channel. Do you mean we can get 300mb with 40mhz channel bonding?

Martin, for your 11n speed, followings you can try:

1) what kind of 11n card are you using? Have you tried a different one?

2) Is your 1252 AP powered at full power? Do you see the AP draws 20watts from the switch? To power the 1252 AP at full power, the c3750E switch IOS has to be 12.2(44)SE or higher and you need to manually configure static power under the switch port:

power inline static

power inline port max 20000

In my experience, when the AP is not fully powered, I got 65Mbps. After it is fully powered, I got 130Mbps.

Zhenning

Hi Zhenningx,

I have tried with several Laptops (Apple & Intel Pcs) and with a desktop with a linksys WMP300N.

I have the AP with the power at max and configured the radio 5Ghz with channel width above 40Mhz, transmitter power and client power to Max, data rates to Best throughput and MCS rates to all.

This is my first time with Cisco AP and i want to create a Network with another AP1250 as repeater of the first one.

Any help, please?

Thanks for helping me.

Make sure WMM policy is allowed on the WLAN and also make sure you either configure the wlan as open or wpa2/AES. I also would not configure another ap as a repeater.... because its toooooo slowwwwww! Not worth it, might as well run some cable to the ap.

-Scott

Hi Fella5,

WMM, Wifi Multimedia is enable for both radios and the Wlan is open with Wep Encription.

What do you recomend me for this??? I need to connect another 12 people from my other office on the other side of the street only for getting email. I want to setup an AP here an a repeater there, and a server with ethernet and wireless there for routing to their internet router or to our office.

Thank you,

Encryption has to either be open or wpa2/aes. WEP will only give you 54mbps. If you need to connect an office accross the street, then you are better off doing a bridge to brige or if you can get a good signal from the other office, you can use a WGB. Repeater is too slow...

-Scott

Thanks for your help fella5. I have got a 300 Mbs connection between the AP and the linksys card.

But the repeater goes at 54Mb. Is there any way to get 300 Mbs between tha AP and the repeater?

you will not be able to get higher that that. With repeater mode your client will have their throughout cut in half right off the bat.

-Scott

Thanks for your help.

I think that that this is now clear for me.

best,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: