cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS SE 4.1

piyush_singh
Level 1
Level 1

On Console i m not ale to give static ip to it. As soon as the appliance reboots it enables DHCP & the configured static ip is lost. Details of Appliance is:

Cisco Secure ACS: 4.1.1.23

Appliance Management Software: 4.1.1.23

Appliance Base Image: 4.1.1.4

CSA build 4.0.1.543.2: (Patch: 4_0_1_543)

Even tried to reimage the device with the recovery cd & again reconfigured the device. During that time i had provided it the tatic ip & also checked for connectivity test & it is successful. But as the device reload at the end it takes default ip add:

Appliance IP Configuration

DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . .: Yes

IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . .: 169.254.11.134

Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . .: 255.255.0.0

After that when i login into device through console & try to provide static ip add it doesnt takes it(sometimes it takes but as soon as the device is again powered back again the static ip is lost)...

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

8 Replies 8

Premdeep Banga
Level 7
Level 7

If it is ACS SE 1113, then apply this patch,

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/acs-soleng-3des

- applACS-4.1-set-ip-CSCsm73656-Patch.zip

- applACS-4.1-set-ip-CSCsm73656-Readme.txt

Regards,

Prem

As pbhanga pointed out, this is a known bug. Have a look at this link for more details:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/ts/fn/New/fn63058.html

Regards

Farrukh

Hello,

one question.

I will upgrade an appliance 1113 in production with the following thing:

Cisco Systems ACS: 4.0.1.44

Applicance Management Software: 4.0.1.44

Appliance Base Image: 4.0.1.2

CSA build 4.0.1.543.2: (Patch: 4_0_1_5433)

to the version 4.1.4.13.

The process is to pass to the version first 4.1.1.23 it stops later to put the 4.1.4.13

My question is if in the first step of upgrade (when passing at 4.1.1.23) the appliance lose IP immediately or not?.

Other question, is if I can to pass at 4.1.4.14 without putting the patch from "set ip".

thanks

a regards

Is this a new ACS SE 1113( I assume that it is), that you are trying to build, then simply re-image it with a recovery CD for ACS SE 1113 4.1.1.24.1

You can get this from TAC. That CD has a fix for Set IP already in corporated. Once ACS SE is at 4.1.1, then upgrade it to version 4.1.4

Regards,

Prem

Please rate if it helps!

Yes. It is an ACS YOU 1113 of more than one year ago. But I restart it and IP doesn't lose. And it doesn't have the patch of CSCsm73656.

Other question, the bug CSCsm73656 not this related with any version of ACS truth?. Or on the contrary, him this with the Cisco Secure ACS: 4.1.1.23

thank you really

to regards

The bug CSCsm73656 was due to some issue on the hardware ACS SE 1113 (not on all ACS SE 1113, only some/few), it is not version/software specific. If your ACS SE is not losing the IP address, then you need not worry about it.

You can upgrade to version 4.1.1, then to 4.1.4 from 4.0, and ACS SE should not lose its IP address during the process.

Regards,

Prem

Please rate if it helps!

My issue got resolved after sometime of this post but still in curosity need to confirm that is there any more bugs for new ACS 1113 ver 4.1.1.23 which i do need to take look into for future.

Thanks for your time..

Well, I cannot comment on that, but would suggest, go for 4.2

Regards,

Prem

Please rate if it helps!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: