Views
Helpful
Replies

how to upgrade firmware on the Cisco IP Phone 7970 in CUCM 5.x

sivakumar.kvp
Level 1
Level 1

Hi frds,

Need your help here.i want to upgrade the firmware for one Cisco IP Phone 7970 in my cluster.Could you pls share any doc related to this.

Thanks in advance,

Shiv.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Shiv,

Just to add a note to the good help from Liz (+5 points here Liz :)

Under>Device>Phone>Phone Configuration

Firmware Load Information (leave blank to use default)

Phone Load Name

You can specify the firmware file name specifically under one phone and reset the phone so that it will upgrade to the new Firmware.

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

egrinkin1
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning,

http://download-sj.cisco.com/cisco/voice/ip-7900ser/cmterm-7970_7971-sccp.8-3-4SR1-readme.htm

This link is to the text file relating to the 7970 firmware v 8.1(4)SR1. The installation instructions for 5.0 are listed.

You just need to log in with your CCO credentials and download the text, find the right firmware for your version and model phones and follow the instructions.

HTH

Thanks for you reply..

i need to upgrade on only one IP phone right now.What should be done on CCM/Phone configuration side,so that the particular phone alone gets upgraded.Any Parameter if any ?

Thanks in advance,

Shiv.

Hi Shiv,

Just to add a note to the good help from Liz (+5 points here Liz :)

Under>Device>Phone>Phone Configuration

Firmware Load Information (leave blank to use default)

Phone Load Name

You can specify the firmware file name specifically under one phone and reset the phone so that it will upgrade to the new Firmware.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Shiv,

Rob so nicely covered your second question.

The reset will take longer than normal, and if you're able to watch, you can see it load the new firmware.

HTH and HAGD

Thanks to everyone here who helped me out.

Shiv

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: