cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RME 4.1.1 Inventory Fails

krhashbarger
Level 1
Level 1

I have RME 4.1.1 and when I do the inventory collection, it fails for most of my devices. The ICServer.log is attached. I have increased the SNMP timeout value to 480 sec and still it is not working.

9 Replies 9

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You need to post the IC_Server.log.

Here it is.

It looks like the RME and Common Services databases have become out of sync. Is this server integrated with ACS?

No there is no intergration with ACS.

Then something really bad must have happened either in RME, CS, or both. For example, 10.228.19.231 has a DCR ID of 63 according to RME, but this ID doesn't exist in the DCR database.

Assuming these devices are still valid in your network, try deleting them from RME, then re-add them. Start with one device (e.g. 10.228.19.231). Make sure that when you re-add it inventory and config archive work once again. If so, do the remaining of the failing devices.

I deleted that one device and readded it to RME again. It did not work. In the Job details pain I get the following:

No. of Devices Scanned: 0

Duration:

Average Scan Time:

Job Result Description: Timed out. Make sure that ICServer is running.

Scanned Devices: atlaswitch

I am attaching the log file again:

Looks like a FLASH-MIB timeout may be happening. Go to RME > Devices > Device Management > RME Devices, select the device in question, and edit its attributes. Increase the SNMP timeout for this device. I cannot say what to increase it to, because the log does not appear to be complete.

I kept increasing the timeout up to 15 minutes and still no joy. Is there anything else that you can suggest that could be the problem?

I can't tell from the log I'm seeing. I see no other indication of errors.