cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA Stops routing over "inside" when SIP traffic hits it

cmcneese-atrium
Level 1
Level 1

Having an odd problem and wanted to see if anyone else has run into this issue before.

Currently testing out a remote office solution with an ASA 5505 running 7.2(4) as the temporary head-end unit (will be replaced with a 5510 shortly). The remote user is connected via L2L tunnel, and for the most part everything is great. However, whenever the user connects to a video conference, utilizing SIP, the "inside" VLAN on the switch will stop routing ALL traffic, without noting anything in the logs. I have to reload the ASA to restore the traffic flow. I have a console hooked up set to level 7 logging now on the ASA to catch anything, but I'm curious to see if anyone else has run across this or anything similar?

2 Replies 2

Hi Collin,

If you issue a 'clear local' during the time of the problem, does traffic begin to pass again?

If so, take a look at the output of 'show xlate debug' during the time of the problem to see if any strange xlates are being built once the SIP traffic is generated.

-Mike

I'll give that a shot. I had debug level running on the console this last time i tried it, but i didn't get any errors in the logs.

I also tried removing SIP inspection, but that didn't seem to do anything helpful.

Will post again after I try this out. Who would have thought that video-conferencing would cause this kind of oddness.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card