Views
Helpful
Replies

DAT-USB-RM-72=

hoanghiep
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I saw that part number in a Bill Of Materials related to a Unity system. Could you explain what it does in the system?

Thanks,

hoanghiep

3 Replies 3

testeven
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You can have a DAT-USB-RM-72 on your server depending on the model (some servers as you know support CUCM and Unity so probably that's why you see it in the Unity BOM too), but basically here's what I found on CCO:

DAT Tape Drive Support

The Cisco MCS 7825-H3 can support a 36-/72-GB universal-serial-bus (USB) external Digital Audio Tape (DAT) drive (part number DAT-USB-EXT-72=) or an optional 36-/72-GB USB rack-mount DAT drive (part number DAT-USB-RM-72=). This tape drive connects through one of the USB 2.0 ports provided by the Cisco MCS 7825-H3 server.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6790/ps5748/ps378/product_data_sheet0900aecd805e6fac.html

Hope this helps!

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

We have 02 MCS7825-I for Callmanager, 01 MCS7825-H for Unity.

The question here is: what the common function of the DAT-USB-RM-72= is, what the role of it in the system is. (for system backup/ for data... or something else?)

You can do system backups on it basically, as long as you use DIRT as it's the supported Cisco software for doing unity backups.

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)