cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Synchronization for SUP720-MSFC3/PFC3

MachadoGB
Level 1
Level 1

I just received new SUP720 blade to replace bad one and this new one has new IOS on it. When I push the new on in the IOS did not synch with the old one (active). I can not copy the IOS image since it is located at sup-bootfash of the active one. The second one is in STANBY-COLD status. How do I get those synchronized using the IOS in the active blade?

4 Replies 4

Mark Yeates
Level 7
Level 7

You will need to have the new supervisor load the same IOS as the existing one in the chassis. The easiest way in doing this is using a compact flash card and booting from it. Now that the new supervisor is already in the chassis you can copy from the active supervisor. Then reboot the new SUP.

try using this syntax below

copy sup-bootflash:iosname.bin slavesup-bootflash:

HTH,

Mark

Also when I have to RMA a sup720 I swap the flash memory on board from the old SUP to the new SUP. If it's not too late you could try that.

Mark

MachadoGB
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the feedback. You got it.

That was the command I was looking for.

I was also able to find more details on:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps708/products_configuration_example09186a00807714cb.shtml#native

Case closed.

Glad I was able to help!

Best of luck,

Mark

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: