Views
Helpful
Replies

CME/SRST MOH

wbarren
Level 1
Level 1

All,

I am trying to use my CME/SRST router for music on hold for the local branch. I am running CUCM 5.x at the HQ and went trought the srnd guide. According to the guide you set the multicast IP and port the same in the local router as the MOH server on the CUCM. I have done that and also set the max hops on the CUCM. My question is that my phones in the brach will be g729 I read that the MOH will only be g711. What steps am I missing?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

that's exactly the point, you're just thinking on phone to phone conversation in G729. if the MOH server is in the same region that HQ phones then you'll instruct them to listen to a G729 MOH stream. that's why the MOH needs to be on a separate region that instructs phones to listen to a G711 stream.

then you just need to play with the regions, for calls, G729, for MOH G711. this for remote phones, you can have the same or different settings for HQ phones

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

you're right. you need to use G711 so configure the region between the phone and the moh server to use G711

HTH

java

HTH

java

I still have a question about that. If my MOH server is the local CME but the Phones are registered with CUCM, where does the region for the MOH Server come in? My setup is like this:

Region 1 (HQ< location of the MOH server)

Region 2 (Phones in branch)

Phones in branch region 2 will use g729 in relation ship to region 1 phones.

Do I need to create a 3 region for the MOH servers?

that's exactly the point, you're just thinking on phone to phone conversation in G729. if the MOH server is in the same region that HQ phones then you'll instruct them to listen to a G729 MOH stream. that's why the MOH needs to be on a separate region that instructs phones to listen to a G711 stream.

then you just need to play with the regions, for calls, G729, for MOH G711. this for remote phones, you can have the same or different settings for HQ phones

HTH

java

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: