cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7961G-GE Install problems

Techie2008
Level 1
Level 1

I was trying to connect a 7961g-ge to our network. If I understand correctly now after looking the 7961g-ge does not work with CM 4.0. To my question: I tried to use it with apower brick and it started and then shutdown. I think I figured out what I did and now I am wondering if there is a solution. I plugged it into the power brick and then I plugged a cable with POE into the phone. The phone won't power up now. Is this fixable or did I mess it up?

6 Replies 6

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

If no power up now, you can try to test the phone with a PoE switch or with a different power brick if u dont have a different power brick try different phone...

Not too much to do since will be phisycal other than replace either Phone or PW brick

Is there any kind of reset or fuse inside the phone that might have been tripped that I can fix? The Power Bricks are fine.

Any Ideas? I am in a bind here. Thanks.

shabali52
Level 1
Level 1

Does it power on with the power brick now or doesn't power on at all?

It "does not" power on with the power brick now.

It Does not power on with the power brick. Is there a reset or something inside the phone?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: