CVOICE 642-436 Page 157

Unanswered Question
Aug 26th, 2008

I'm confused why are the dial-peers showing that the peer would be adding 911 (prefix on top of the already dialed digits. In effect output would be 911911 Also in step 4 how would that peer handle in and outbound calls when its a pots peer.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Michael Owuor Tue, 08/26/2008 - 18:37

Hi David,

1. The default behavior of a POTS dial-peer is to strip the digits that were explicitly matched by the destination-pattern statement. One has to therefore make sure the digits are sent out by using the prefix statement. Alternatively, use the forward-digits command or change the default behavior using the no digit-strip command.

2. Pots dial-peer is the correct type of dial-peer to handle calls coming in through or going out of a voice port on the gateway. Voip dial-peers handle calls coming in from or being sent out to other network destinations.

Does this answer your questions?

Regards,

Michael.

dschwenk7 Wed, 08/27/2008 - 06:41

Yes and thanks. Would you be able to point me to the location in the 3rd edition book where that POTS default dial-peer info can be found ?

I was in the middle of studying the CVOICE book second edition only to find out that the test was expiring. The 3rd edition seems a bit abstract meaning many of the building chapters in edition 2 have been removed with the 3rd edition jumping around more, less chapter building. I promise I wont ask more than the above!

Actions

This Discussion