Views
Helpful
Replies

Call flow through Auto Attendant

huydien3384
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

My case is to configure auto attendant on Cisco Unity Connection.

I wonder how the call flows from the voice gateway to the CUCM and Cisco Unity, and which steps of config I have to configure on these components (GW, CUCM, CU)??

Thank you very much!

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

create a CTI route point with CFA to VM, create the call handler with the same DN OR create a call routing rule and have it go to the call handler

on the GW you need all the config to route calls to CUCM, you probably should already have that

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Hi, I have a similar situation where one of our new customer wants incoming calls to forward to another group on users when the operator does not answer after a certain time. If no one answers on the other group, the call should go to a voice mail box. Is this possible?

CUCM version 6.1.2

Using Unity Connection

Regards,

Chandrasen

yes it's possible. you don't provide enough details of what groups you will use but set the last member to be the pilot of the next member and then the last member of last group should send call to VM

then on VM you need to create a rule to match the calling number which would be the first DN the user dialed, then just route it to the proper mailbox

HTH

java

HTH

java

Hi Java, Thanks for the reply. I will follow your instructions and implement it tomorrow since the system is going live during the weekend. I will keep you posted.

Chandrasen

huydien3384
Level 1
Level 1

I have 1 analog line connect to PSTN.

- On the gateway, I configured to forward to extension 111

- On CCM, 111 is the DN of CTI route point, DN 111 will foward all to VM.

- On Unity, I created 1 call handler with extension 111.

Calls from outside can reach the opening greeting, but cannot transfer to internal extension.

How to configure caller input meet this requirement: caller press 0 to reach Operator, or dial a known extension number?

Thank you very much

Hi,

Following my previous post in this same tread, the customer now needs to configure Automated Attendant. I have completed the following steps:

On CUCM:

I have created a CTI Route Point with number 3501 Forward All to VM

On Unity Connection I have completed the following:

1.Call Management--> System Call Handlers--> Call Handler with extension 3501

2. Edit--> Greetings --> Standard--> Play/Record

3. Edit--> Caller Input--> Configure each key (1,2,etc) to forward to other extensions

I also tried to create a call routing to route to the above Call Handler.

However when I dial 3501, I have not hitting the recorded greeting. I am getting a default Unity greeting:

"Your call cannot be completed as dialed. Please consult your directory and call again or ask the operator for assistance. This is a recording"

I can't figure out where I am missing sanything. Can you please help so that the AA works as per the customer requirements.

Chandrasen

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: