Views
Helpful
Replies

Advanced reporting possibilities at Campus User Tracking in LMS3.1

mweitenberg
Level 1
Level 1

Hello ,

I have a question for advanced possibilities in the Campus User Tracking reports.

I use a custom report for each customer to account used ports in a shared environment. I want only account ports which has a connection in the last 30 days. This is possibly with column “Last Seen”. But I use many reports and I don't want to change each month the date for “Last Seen” per GUI for this column.

I didn't want change the deleting interval for the whole Campus User Tracking because for other reports I need a bigger time range.

Now the questions:

1. It there a possibility to change the query text for the reports per script (e.g. python) without the GUI?

2. It there a possibility to use advances SQL statement like GETDATE() an calculate with this?

I use these versions:

CiscoWorks Common Services 3.1.1

Campus Manager 5.0.3

Thanks for feedback,

Markus Weitenberg

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

There are no other supported ways to do what you want.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Direct database access is not supported. However, there are some UT reporting CLI utilities you can use. The first is the NMSROOT/campus/bin/ut command. This utility will allow you to run custom reports as well as get all of the end hosts. The downside of this is that you can only run custom queries that you have already created in the GUI. However, with the ability to export all end hosts, you could further process the data the way you want.

The second tool is NMSROOT/campus/bin/cmexport. This tool allows you to export the UT data in XML format. Again, you can run custom queries, but only those defined in the GUI. However, the XML format may be more conducive to your scripting.

Hello Mr. Clarke,

thanks for the quick response. The CLI Utilities are well known, but not the "direct" way I want.

Do you have any other ideas?

Bye,

Markus Weitenberg

There are no other supported ways to do what you want.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco