cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASDM stopped working for one firewall (Hang after Software Update)

jason.scott
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have 6 ASA firewalls. On one of them ASDM has stopped working from multiple workstations. The application hangs after Software Update and the java log has the following:

Server Version = 6.1(1)

Server Launcher Version = 1.5.30, size = 319488 bytes

Launcher version checking is successful.

invoking SGZ Loader..

Cache location = C:/Documents and Settings/scottj/.asdm/cache

Exception in thread "SGZ Loader: launchSgzApplet" java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "1 year 3"

at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Unknown Source)

at com.cisco.pdm.Check.h(DashoA10*..:1358)

at com.cisco.pdm.Check.c(DashoA10*..:858)

at com.cisco.pdm.Check.a(DashoA10*..:438)

at com.cisco.pdm.PDMApplet.start(DashoA10*..:132)

at com.cisco.nm.dice.loader.r.run(DashoA19*..:410)

I thought it was perhaps a Java issue local to my PC but this error occurs on a number of workstations. Its only just begun happening. Has anyone encountered it before or have advice to resolve please?

Thank you,

Jason

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mniklasson
Level 1
Level 1

We had the same problem with our ASA:s. It is caused by device uptime. Appearently ASDM can not handle an uptime of more than a year, it seems like the uptime variable (1 year 3) changes format when it exceeds one year. The solution is to reload the ASA. I do not know if this is resolved in any newer version of ASDM.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

mniklasson
Level 1
Level 1

We had the same problem with our ASA:s. It is caused by device uptime. Appearently ASDM can not handle an uptime of more than a year, it seems like the uptime variable (1 year 3) changes format when it exceeds one year. The solution is to reload the ASA. I do not know if this is resolved in any newer version of ASDM.

I'm laughing at the ridiculousness of that. Crazy.

Thank you for replying and providing me a viable explanation. I'll look to schedule a reload soon.

Dont worry..there has been a bug already filed with Cisco on this issue...I will get you the bug shortly...

thank you! the problem is absurd, but now i can stop trying to fix it

Don't worry..Cisco knows about the issue and a b ug has already been filed and fixed in later releases bug id:- CSCsr89144

Great find. I just ran into this problem today.

It does suck that I have to reset the hardware though.. Oh well. Thanks again!

JMakowski
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having the same exact problem on our ASA 5520. I thought it might have been a Java Update that killed it. But my XP machine with Java 1.6.0_07 has the issue, as does my old 2000 box with Java 1.5.0_02.

Is there a solution to this? Do I need to reboot the ASA's?

Nevermind. Sort of new to the Forums and wasn't familiar with the way Conversations look on the screen.

if your Java log says "Exception in thread "SGZ Loader: launchSgzApplet" java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "1 year 3" " then refer to the bug id that I posted in my earlier post

mfreijser
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry to kick such al old message, but I have found the soultion to the problem regarding the ASDM applet to freeze directly after login: This is solved in ASDM version 6.1.5.51.

You simply upgrade the ASDM version to this newer version, and configure the ASA to use the new image. Make sure the software on the ASA is supported by the newer version of ASDM!

Regards,

Michaël

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: