cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 2.6 & ACS 4.1

dina.ihab
Level 1
Level 1

i have installed LMS and sucessfully integrated it with ACS 4.1 , yet when i check on the security settings i find the following message : "CiscoWorks System Identity User Configuation in ACS Not all privileges assigned " ok that is still not the problem .

my problem is that since that integration the RME device list is totally empty putting inconsideration that the DCR list exists and the devices listed there is assigned in the ACS

why don't these devices show in the RME device list can anyone help me in that issue??

Regards,

Dina

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

First, LMS 2.6 and ACS 4.1 is not officially supported. You should either move to ACS 4.0, or upgrade to LMS 3.0 or higher.

The error about the System Identity User is quite severe. That user (as seen under Common Services > Security > System Identity Setup) must have access to all CiscoWorks tasks in ACS. This means you will need to create a custom role in ACS for all CiscoWorks applications. In LMS 3.0 and higher we automatically create a role called Super Admin which has access to all tasks. Once the roles are created, you need to go to the ACS group which contains your System Identity User, and make sure that use has the new role for each LMS application, and that the role is granted for all devices.

Once those steps are complete, restart ACS and CiscoWorks Daemon Manager. Assuming the user you use to log in to LMS has access to the required devices, you should now see devices in the device selector.

thanks alot i got what u said , yet the problem is that i purchased the LMS of 2.5 then upgraded it to 2.6 and i can't upgrade to3.0 , so i need to down grad the ACS Right???

or what shall u recommend

While integration with 4.1 may work, it has not been fully certified, so you may run into problems. If you can downgrade ACS to 4.0, that would be best.

i did downgrade the ACS to version 4.0 yet the problem still presist the RME device list shows no devices

i dont know what may be the reason for that i did device descovery , i see the devices in the DCR , they are found in the DFM an they are on the ACS so what is the RME problem

See the other information I wrote about the System Identity User. That is vital. You must make sure your users are authorized to manage devices in the RME application.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card