Views
Helpful
Replies

LSP loadbalacing on E1 &GRE?

Farhan Jaffer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a LDP session b/w two routers with 2 LSPs, one with direct ptp E1 & other is through GRE tunnel. The per session load balancing seems to achieve.

I am running L2VPNs (EoMPLS) through this session. The problem is, using both LSPs, few circuits are able to ping & through but some are not. Means complete connectivity is not there. When i remove LSP path from GRE, it works fine.

Any idea? What is the real issue?

Thanks in advance.

2 Replies 2

sadbulali
Level 4
Level 4

The MPLS Traffic Engineering-LSP Attributes feature is an extension to MPLS TE that provides an LSP Attribute List feature and a Path Option for Bandwidth Override feature. These features provide flexibility in the configuration of LSP attributes for MPLS TE tunnel path options. Several LSP attributes can be applied to path options for TE tunnels using an LSP attribute list. If bandwidth is the only LSP attribute you require, then you can configure a path option for bandwidth override.

Refer the following url for more information on MPLS Traffic Engineering - LSP Attributes:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/mpls/configuration/guide/mp_te_lsp_attr_ps6441_TSD_Products_Configuration_Guide_Chapter.html

Harold Ritter
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Farhan,

What are the packet size you use for the ping. The problem is most certainly related to an MTU issue as you are trying to run the pseudowire through a GRE tunnel.

Regards,

Harold Ritter
Sr Technical Leader
CCIE 4168 (R&S, SP)
harold@cisco.com
México móvil: +52 1 55 8312 4915
Cisco México
Paseo de la Reforma 222
Piso 19
Cuauhtémoc, Juárez
Ciudad de México, 06600
México