cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I enable dial by extension in .aef script

johnnywan
Level 1
Level 1

I have an .aef script currently working with the "if you know your parties 4 digit extension press 1" - using a branch off a menu. The customer know wants that to be a silent option. So I need a way of enabling that function when the script kicks off without having the user enter any option digits. Basically they want, Hello thanks for calling, if you know your parties ext you can enter it at any time. The dialplan is 98xx so i was thinking about collecting caller entered digits then using a if step and if the variable from the caller enter digits is 98xx execute the yes to the if? Any other thoughts on this? Is there an easier way?

8 Replies 8

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can just use the default aa.aef script and move the digit collection logic from under the option to under the collect digit string.

Chris

Thanks for the response Chris. What I have in the original script is a Start>Accept>Menu (which plays the main prompt). One of these menu options is dial by extension. I tried to move the dial by ext logic under the Accept step but didn't work.

That's all you need to do, but you need to ensure that all other dependent labels, etc are moved as well.

Chris

OK. I will try it again. Thank you.

Still not working. I now have a Start>Get Digit String (for my dial by ext logic)>Menu

I dial the pilot number, it plays the prompt for the get digit string which i need to get rid of) and when I enter the ext it just sits there "are you still there. never gets past it to play menu prompt.

voiceops
Level 1
Level 1

What we do is, (I'll do it using your dial plan):

1. We give the caller the option to dial by ext.

2. In the menu I setup 9 as an option.

3. Under 9 code I get the digits entered into a variable called something like XTNTfr.

4. Rewrite the variable to add back the 9.

example:

A call comes in, we give the option to dial by ext. The caller dials 9855, 9 gets taken by the menu since is an option in itself. I capture 855 into the XTNTfr variable and then I 'set' it to XTNTfr = "9" + XTNTfr.

That is a great way to do it! What i ended up doing is upgrading to CUE 3.2.1 and it has a built in Express Script editor which allowed me to do this.

Glad you resolved your issue. For others or future onlookers:

I in past just used aa.aef and saved it as different name and modified it to my needs that saves the day.

Baseer.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: