WCS- Web Auth-AD intergration

Answered Question

Hello, we are trying to create a Web Auth SSID using Active Directory to authenticate the users. Does anyone have what the fields on the WCS map to in AD?

Gregg

Correct Answer by leon.mflai about 8 years 8 months ago

Hi,

I did what you want before.

The clues of the setup is following:

1. In ACS, make sure "External Database - Group Mapping" is well done. Make sure a AD group is mapped to local ACS group

2. In ACS, edit the local group setting, make sure "IETF Radius Attribute - 006 Service Type" is "Framed".

3. In WLC or WCS, edit "WLAN setting", adjust Radius setting and point Radius sever to ACS.

Btw, the authentication request from WLC for WebAuth doesn't carry SSID information.

**Please rate if helpful***

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Scott Fella Wed, 08/27/2008 - 16:37
User Badges:
  • Super Silver, 17500 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

The Hall of Fame designation is a lifetime achievement award based on significant overall achievements in the community. 

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 Wireless

The only way I know works if you have a raidus server that points to AD. Cisco ACS or Windows IAS will work.

Correct Answer
leon.mflai Tue, 09/09/2008 - 08:44
User Badges:

Hi,

I did what you want before.

The clues of the setup is following:

1. In ACS, make sure "External Database - Group Mapping" is well done. Make sure a AD group is mapped to local ACS group

2. In ACS, edit the local group setting, make sure "IETF Radius Attribute - 006 Service Type" is "Framed".

3. In WLC or WCS, edit "WLAN setting", adjust Radius setting and point Radius sever to ACS.

Btw, the authentication request from WLC for WebAuth doesn't carry SSID information.

**Please rate if helpful***

Actions

This Discussion

Trending Topics - Security & Network