cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC - How to copy Self Signed Certs (SSC) across controllers

dbuttry
Level 1
Level 1

I have 6 4404 controllers and a WCS (5.1.64.0). If I use the migration template in WCS to convert an 1121 AP to LWAPP the Self Signed Cert (SSC) is installed on my first controller. I can then audit it in WCS and import it to WCS. It then shows that WLC1 has the SSC but the other controllers do not. How do I then apply that SCC to my other controllers. I was thinking that it would show up under "Controller Templates" as being applied to 1 controller and then I could just apply it to the rest of them but that is not happening. Thanks.

5 Replies 5

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I would just create a new template, since the hash is shown on the wlc and copy that to the WCS AP Authorization Template.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

That is what I did however I have about 250 more to do. I was hoping that it would be a bit more streamlined. I could swear it has worked diferent in the past. Thanks.

usually there is a cvs fiel that is generated that you would import to the WCS and push that out to each wlc. Are you not able to find the template when you refresh the config from the WLC?

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

I know if you use the stand alone migration tool it creates the file, however I am using the new feature in WCS (migration templates) to migrate autonomous AP from within WCS. I don't know of any file WCS creates. I will keep looking.

tkhan
Level 1
Level 1

In WCS under "Configure/Controller Templates/Security/AP LBS Autorization", there should be a list of all SSCs. Just tag all of them an apply to one or more controllers. I backup 1400+ APs to a central WISM and this is how I did it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: