cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3750 POE Console shows gibberish no matter what baud rate is used.

mrsolchdavs
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all. I have a switch here that has an issue. Its a 3750 24 POE model. The issue is that when you connect via the console it shows gibberish no matter what baud rate is used nor what terminal emulation is used. (Even during POST checks) I have tried SecureCRT, HyperTerminal on 3 different machines, along with 3 different cables and with every baud setting 9600 to 115200. I am leaning towards the idea that the hardware is somehow damaged. Otherwise it exhibits no other issues, turns on, powers up does its checks. I just cannot see anything via console and it has no configuration so I can not use ssh/telnet. So that means I can not use the confreg method or the CLI method to change the baud rate, and as far as my research on cisco.com shows there is no hardware baud reset like in the 3600 series. Any ideas or thoughts? Thanks.

2 Replies 2

garytayl
Level 3
Level 3

Just wondering if you are using USB adapter here if so, do you have a computer with a serial port you can test

Ah sorry, should have put that in my original post. The three machines used were XP Pro XP2 laptops with DB9 serial ports.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card