Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phones getting rebooted often

Anand Narayana
Level 6
Level 6

Hi All,

I have a problem with my my IP phones, atleast once in every 15-20mins. all my IP phones gets rebooted & come back, some time If I initiate call or some one calls me it immediately gets rebooted. Any idea what could be causing this issue. This is happening in one of our branch office which is connected to our Main office CCM 4.1 over the VPN. VPN seems to be OK, only issue is the IP phones in the branch offices gets rebooted & not in the head office.

My IP phones in branch offices are 7940 & 7960

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

sounds like you're missing keepalives due to your network, look at the app log from your server to identify the cause of this

is there any kind of QoS on your network for SCCP?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

There is no QoS configured on my branch office, but without that it was working on all these days, does an firmware can help on this?

i don't believe so, if it were only 1 then probably, but all of them at the same time sounds like keepalives being lost. it could have been working but if there is more traffic on the link now you should get QoS on the link to give SCCP preference and avoid this

HTH

java

HTH

java

This reboot happens even when there is enough bandwidth available.

look at the app log for the cause

HTH

java

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: