Views
Helpful
Replies

Network disconnection Unity server

ojcb23234
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for your help.

I have a network trouble with my Unity server which has been disconnecting from my CUCM network. In those moments the server don't reply to ping and for this reason I can't have remote access. All I could do is to use the console session, check that I can't ping anything and then I delete its dynamic arp table ("arp -d" command in the DOS command prompt) and having done this the server start to reply. It has been happening 2 days ago and there's no alarms neither in the switch port of the switch it's connected, nor in the event viewer at the outage time. I have a single cable connection between the switch and the server and I checked the physical connection and it appears to be fine.

My server features are:

Cisco Unity 4.2 Build 4.2(1)

IBM MCS 7800 Series

Intel Xeon CPU 5140

@ 2,33Ghz

Dual Network Adapters:

Broadcom BCM5708C NetXtreme II GigE

NIC 1 disconnected

NIC 2 connected

The server has a TEAM TCP/IP Configuration active but it's neither an active-active neither a active-passive load sharing connection. I only have a single network connection.

What do you guess it's happening here? What do you suggest me to do to prevent another failures? Is it better if I make a dual connection to my access network? Thanks.

1 Reply 1

ranpierce
Level 6
Level 6

we had a similar problem before with our Microsoft 31 vlan and had to disable the firewall. the firewall worked everywhere else except the ms 31 vlan.

Just information and probably is not the same thing.

randy