Views
Helpful
Replies

SLIP error

hannyong
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've got a 2811 with 3 E1 voice cards. Each voice cards, has got 2 ports. Each port is connected to different telco. The gateway is operating in H323 mode. I can receive incoming calls perfectly fine, and also make outbound calls. Occasionally, I noticed the SLIP erros (show controller e1) keeps increasing.

My question: Since each port clocking is coming from a different telco, (and i've configured for clocking to be from line), should I be configuring "network-clock-select)?

If not, what else should I be doing to troubleshoot this SLIP errors?

Thanks in advance.

2 Replies 2

dbenattou
Level 1
Level 1

hello,

the 'network-clock-select' must be configured .

Regards

garsmi
Level 1
Level 1

Are you getting slips from all of the different carriers? You will typically not experience voice issues on slips (unless they get really bad). If you are getting SLIPS on all of the lines, you may have an issue at the Smart Jack Shelf (if they all come in through the same shelf). I would call one of your carriers to do some testing. They may not find anything with the intrusive testing. They may need to come onsite & jack into the Smart Jack & Pull the PMs.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: