cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Faulty T1 ??

carbonscoring
Level 1
Level 1

Hi I have a point to point T1 I'm getting complaints from users that internet traffic and specific applications used over the circuit are slow I checked both the remote and local side and found what seems to be many errors but would like some additional advice.

I've attached a txt file that shows both interfaces and many errors. I have also contacted my circuit provider and he had did some non-intrusive testing and said he didnt see and issues at the time I asked him to take down the circuit after business hours and test. Unfortunatly the remote end is in a diffrent town so changing the WIC or cables would be a bit more difficult to do.

Any advice would be apperciated.

thanks,

Mike

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

nramesh25
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Mike,

For this case, you have to check step by step, thisone might be a physical layer issue

1. Ask your service provider to give a loop (Local & Remote)and check whether errors are increasing on particular interface or not.

2. your-End physical connectivity

3. Then, Other-End physical connectivity

Regards

Ramesh

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

nramesh25
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Mike,

For this case, you have to check step by step, thisone might be a physical layer issue

1. Ask your service provider to give a loop (Local & Remote)and check whether errors are increasing on particular interface or not.

2. your-End physical connectivity

3. Then, Other-End physical connectivity

Regards

Ramesh

Thanks for the help, contacted my provider told them about the high number of errors and AIS alarms I was getting. Had them do a intrusive testing after hours. They came back the next day saying that they thought they were having problems with the smart jack/NIU and will have a technician despatched in the morning.

thanks, for the help....Mike

don-sullivan
Level 1
Level 1

Another option is depending on the hardware in use. There have been high error rates using a combination of the 2800 series router with certain revisions of the WIC-1DSU-T1 cards. The high error rates were observed on the standard and the V2 cards.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card