Views
Helpful
Replies

Direct call to extention

huydien3384
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

My customer wants to have many direct calls to their extention (not a continuous range of ext, ex: 201, 322, 422...), with many ANI number (not continous, too).

But the translation rule only allow up to 15 subrules, What do I have to do to solve this problem when my customer wants about 32 direct calls ?? Please help.

Thank you

4 Replies 4

jvance
Level 1
Level 1

Set up an incoming dial peer for ever 10 inbound DiD, or match the specific incoming number as needed

dial-peer voice 12 pots

translation-profile incoming Inbound555121

incoming called-number 555121.

direct-inward-dial

port 0/0/0:23

try using num-exp

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

hi,

Can't use wildcards because there are non-continuos phone numbers.

thanks, javalenc, but num-exp is used to short-dials, isn't it? not meet customer's requirement too :(

mciarfello
Level 4
Level 4

If using CallManager, configure your H.323 dial-peer to send all calls to CallManager, then use CallManager's Translation patterns to do what you want. You can have as many translation patterns as you want.

If using CallManager Express, try a combination of a couple sets of voice translation rules and overlay-dn's. Your first set of translation rules will translate to, say receptionist extension 1000. The next set to 1001, etc. Then do an ephone-dn overlay of 1000 and 1001 so you only use a single button on the receptionist's phone.

While you are at it try the "Called Name and Ephone-dn Name Display" section in the "CallManager Express 3.3 System Administrator Guide". Just in case all these numbers belong to different companies or departments, etc like an answering service. You can have 100 directory entries in CCME. Ignore the wildcards in the examples they give.

If you just have a bunch of numbers going to one company, maybe you were consolidating a bunch of legacy numbers, then have the telco do something for you.

If none of my solutions solve you problem, then please provide a more detailed example of what you are looking for.