cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Maximum T1/VXML Capacity with AS5350XM

shan.nichols
Level 1
Level 1

We have an AS5350XM with an eight port T1 card along with two 108NP Universal Feature DSP cards. At the current time we have three active T1 PRIs handling inbound voice calls into our CVP servers.

Given that configuration what is the maximum number of T1s can I terminate into the gateway and also provide the VXML services?

In the datasheet for the gateway it mentions the following for VXML call capacity:

● 192 with DSPs and trunk interfaces

● 240 with DTMF interaction only; no ASR/TTS, no trunk cards, and no DSPs

Does that mean I can handle 8 T1s (192 sessions = 8 x 24) with what I have today or is it actually a lesser number of T1s?

Thanks in advance for the help.

2 Replies 2

jsivulka
Level 5
Level 5

There have been conflicting information of support for 24 T1's, although all documentation points to voice specificity for the 24t1's and the following documentation:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps5854/prod_qas0900aecd8033e8f9_ps5855_Products_Q_and_A_Item.html

Thanks. I did get the answer after asking around.

The AS5350XM with the cards we have can handle 182 sessions of whatever combination possible. In our case we can only run 4 T1s if we want the same corresponding number of VXML sessions.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: