cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't download Vista-compatible VPN client.

uberbot3360
Level 1
Level 1

I've got the VPN working on my XP laptop, but when I went to install the client on other laptops in the office, I ran into trouble. The other machines have Vista and version 4.6 of the VPN client isn't compatible.

I went to Cisco's website to download version 5.x and was told that I couldn't download it without an active service contract. This is a new router and I should be able to get a client for it. What do I have to do to get a usable client?

3 Replies 3

Farrukh Haroon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You would require a service contract associated with your CCO to download from the Cisco website.

Regards

Farrukh

So then my brand new Cisco router won't work with my client machines unless they are over 3 years old? I would think that a new router would support recent client configurations. Since XP is no longer supported by Microsoft, isn't it reasonable to expect that Cisco would be supporting the current Microsoft offerings... Vista?

Cisco *does* support the VISTA OS. For IPSEC only 32 bit vista is supported. For SSL VPN both 32/64 bit Vista are supported. All you have to do is go to the Cisco website and download the correct client version. I'm not quite getting your query here.

Regards

Farrukh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: