Views
Helpful
Replies

CME with PolyCom VSX7000

rameezsardar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Friends,

I have IP Telephony setup in my office that include Cisco 2811 as CME and voice gateway with PSTN through E1 PRI. Now i want to integrate Polycom VSX7000 video conferencing device with IP Telephony network so that i would assign extension on this device and it could use the same PRI for video calls. There are two or three ideas in my mind like registering it with CME or through SIP / H323 or configure router as gateway but i don't know how i will do that. If someone has idea about it, please help me out and if any good doc. available then share with me.

Waiting for positive quick response.

Best Regards

Rameez

5 Replies 5

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

i dint worked with it

but if u can give it a directory number

then i think u can make a GK to make register to it

and this GK wil be responsible for call forwarding and numbering registration

good luck

Hi,

Yes i studied polycom documentation and now on the result that device should be register with some gatekeeper but now i am not confirmed how i will do that. Should i configure my CME also as gatekeeper or what?

Please if you can assist me in this regard

Best Regards

u need another router to make it as GK

if u have it and need help in the CME and GK config just let me know :)

good luck

Actually i have just one 2811 router that is working as CME/CUE. So in this case what can i do?

Best Regards

ok i will try with u i know it is not right and i havnt tried it but at least try because u have one router

the problem is we gonna make the CME as GK is works?

for gategeeeper config

see this my prevous discussion about gatekeper config

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Telephony&topicID=.ee6c829&fromOutline=&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.2cc1b403

ignor the gateway config

and on the polycom there should be a place to put the directory number and GK IP

u can check the registered IPs through the command

show gatekeeper endpoints

bu again the CME need a dial-peer with RAS to rigister with GK so how this gonna be done

really good luck

gatekeeper

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: