Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AIP SSM-10 configuration on ASA 5520

Hi All,

I need to configure IPS module on ASA 5520.

I have assigned ip address to the ips module but not able to access it from the asdm.

8 Replies 8

Farrukh Haroon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Just open a web-browser and open the AIP-SSM.

https://

I hope you have connected the Ethernet interface to the network and added your admin machine to the list of permitted IPs on the AIP-SSM.

Regards

Farrukh

rmeans
Level 3
Level 3

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/ips/6.1/installation/guide/hw_logging_in.html#wp1039632

start at the ASA firewall command line.

session into the IPS module.

config a couple of basics from IPS command line

connect the IPS module ethernet interface to your network

access the IPS with the assigned IP address using either your browser, SSH or telnet.

thanks ..

now i able to login to the IPS module throgh ASDM.If any separate license is required for IPS module?

Yes to be able to use the signature updates. Otherwise the sensor is fully functional with the signature set shipped with the software version you are on.

You need the "Cisco Services for IPS" licesne for your AIP-SSM to get signature updates from the internet. However you can do software upgrades when they are released and keep upgrading your AIP to the signature release present in the upgrade. This is not recommended tough.

Regards

Farrukh

From the IPS GUI, you can go to the licensing section (look on left side). You can have the sensor go to Cisco to check on license status or you can manually load the license.

Also note the serial number of the IPS. You can see this from the GUI in the license section or in the monitor section (system information).

thanks all,

I have registerd the IPS serial number with cisco and got the license.

One thing I want know where can i get the signature update for IPS?

dileep

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: