cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5510 NAT problem

IgorHamzic
Level 1
Level 1

Hi. I have a rather strange problem with ASA 5510 and NAT.

For one of the servers I have done a static NAT so that Internet users can connect to it using http.

NAT goes like this:

static (DMZ,outside) x.x.x.x 192.168.254.160 netmask 255.255.255.255 dns

I have also the necessary lines to the outside ACL to let through the traffic for TCP ports 80 and 443.

The problem is the users get a message to enter a "level 15 access" user name and password. The server administrator also confirms that he doesn't get any requests on the server from the outside.

This has made us think that perhaps the problem is with the ASA. Has anyone encountered something like this before as I have never encountered this when I did static NATs before?

ASA version is 8.0(3).

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

andrew.prince
Level 10
Level 10

Igor,

Are you sure the internal IP address is correct? Have you enabled ASDM access on the outside interface? Sounds like either a router/firewall/switch is answering.

HTH>

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

andrew.prince
Level 10
Level 10

Igor,

Are you sure the internal IP address is correct? Have you enabled ASDM access on the outside interface? Sounds like either a router/firewall/switch is answering.

HTH>

Yes I'm sure that is the correct address. It's the IP of the internal server.

can you post your config - remove IP's, password etc.

Farrukh Haroon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You might have cut-through-proxy enabled on the ASA. Can you post output of 'show run aaa'

Regards

Farrukh

We found the problem. The outside IP was already used by an oscure switch everyone forgot about. The switch is no longer a problem and everything is OK.

Thanks everyone for fast replies.

np - glad to help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card