CCNA Exam 604-802

Unanswered Question
Aug 28th, 2008

Just did my CCNA exam today failed unfortunately got 780pts, does anyone has any good tips re passing this exam, i purchased tesking going threw these questions and i found some cisco press ccna material also, please advise any help would be much appreciated. i think the simulations are causing me some issues????

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Average Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
arcolino11 Thu, 08/28/2008 - 07:59

did u use any router switch simulatores or real routers/switchs for practice?

what were your weak areas on the test, at the end of the test it normally give you a break down on strong weak areas?

btw how many questions on the test, was it adaptive?

michaelnaughton Thu, 08/28/2008 - 08:16

hi there nop i haven't used any router/switches simulations for practice i have purchased testking today i was advised it would help me ? there was 48 questions in total on the exam today

arcolino11 Thu, 08/28/2008 - 10:49

r u kidding me? u bought testking cramed for a day or two and thats it? lol say u would have passed, and u go on an interview and the interviewer asked u to explain nat, or ospf in detail or set it up on router. knowing your stuff well should be your first step, then exam. there r a lot of router and switch sims out there. and a ton of resources as well invest a month or two in reading and learning it will pay off in the long run. learn your craft

onehungelf Tue, 09/02/2008 - 06:46

So the CCNA Cert Test is only 48 questions? Were they all multiple choice or did you have to configure anything? I have a program called CCNA Network Simulator. It gives you 5 virtual routers, 4 switchs, and 2 pcs that you can configure.

waltapp@golden.net Fri, 09/05/2008 - 12:04

I just wrote my CCNA exam today as well.I also failed but just. I have put extensive time into studying using bosons exam simulators that came with the microsoft press books by wendell odom and the flashcards. Wendells information and exams were very good but short of the mark. I also used measure ups tests. they were slightly helpful but again short of the mark. I am looking for that 1 excellent resource which will give me what I need to both pass the exam and give me the experience to put to use in my hopeful future job. I am looking for a simulator type lab product with debug functionality and hopefully a questionaire similar to the exam itself.

burleyman Fri, 09/05/2008 - 12:39

I used a package from......I can't say here as it is not a "Cisco" certified....and no it is not a braindump...those do no good at all to further your knowledge.....testking baaaad! But if you do a google search for ccna rack rental it is the first hit. Also the Cisco website itself is great and should be used, I am there all the time.

Hope that helps,

Mike

waltapp@golden.net Fri, 09/05/2008 - 12:55

Thank you very much for that info. I never knew you could just rent a rack of equipment. This is exactly the type of resource I was looking for.

burleyman Fri, 09/05/2008 - 13:02

No problem.....He is great to work with as well.

Good Luck....

jdash90ph Sat, 09/06/2008 - 12:55

just a suggestion:

*Read Sybex 6th edition by Todd, its a great choice.

For the actual

*i prefer to use gns3/dynamips for hands on lab. pretty cheap for me.

Actions

Login or Register to take actions

This Discussion

Posted August 28, 2008 at 6:39 AM
Stats:
Replies:9 Avg. Rating:5
Views:3310 Votes:0
Shares:0
Tags: No tags.

Discussions Leaderboard