cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to qualify for NAC Framework?

david.farrell
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, we have been considering NAC for a while and have evaluated NAC Appliance. However, we have a requirement to use 802.1x for posture validation, authentication etc. I have looked at cisco trust agent and there is a statement about needing to be 'approved' to deploy CTA? Any one have any ideas about how to go about this and to be able to deploy NAC framework? We feel framework fits our situation much better than appliance. Many thanks for your time.

6 Replies 6

Farrukh Haroon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I have looked at cisco trust agent and there is a statement about needing to be 'approved' to deploy CTA?

Where is this 'statement' mentioned?

Regards

Farrukh

david.farrell
Level 1
Level 1

Exact statement would be

"The Cisco Trust Agent is available for download only by customers approved to deploy the NAC Framework solution. If you are not approved, please contact your Cisco account team about Cisco NAC solutions. Deprecated versions of Cisco Trust Agent - CLITE client may be found at http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/cta-deprecated "

From the URL http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/cta

david.farrell
Level 1
Level 1

I was basically after knowing if folks had been through approval etc. and what was involved?

Hi,

For this you have to work with your Cisco account SE, once Cisco SE will go through your requirements he will approve for the same.

Regards

This is because they intend to include all that functionality in the NAC appliance solution in the future.

Regards

Farrukh

I thought as much. Framework seems like it might be a hell of a lot less expensive than Appliance at the moment (we already have Appliance in test). I suspect we aren't going to be able to afford Cisco's NAC Appliance Solution in the end, which is a shame. I shall contact our Cisco guys again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: