CM Call Routing

Unanswered Question

We currently have Call Manager 4.2 single node install with 7 (and growing) remotes sites. All remote sites have gateways with local and LD PSTN. Currently calls are routed using 9@ macros and are very generic. We use css as internal, feature, local, and unrestricted. Routing patterns include features, local, long distance, and international. I now need to install more restrictive routing. Example is to restrict long distance to domestic only which means I need to filter on all Canadian and Caribbean area codes. I have read best practices and admin guides but I would still like advice on best method to implement restrictions. I tried setting up filters, but found that the filters are limited in size.

Please provide recommendation to implement routing restrictions for multiple sites for least amount of input and maintenance.

thank you

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
dezoconnor Thu, 08/28/2008 - 11:00

I always use translation patterns that are set to block instead of allow.

So, you could have a translation pattern for all intl 900! set to block. You would also need a new partition for this translation and also a new CSS containing the new partition. For those users who you wished to block intl calls you would place the new CSS on their line.

Sorry if this is rushed but I'm about to board a plane!

This Discussion