cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

wr net to tftp at certain time intervals

jjoseph01
Level 3
Level 3

Anyone know if you can do a write net to a tftp server at specified time intervals? Basically do a backup every week or month or so without manually going and doing it?

3 Replies 3

tdrais
Level 7
Level 7

I didn't see exactly what you want here but they have a number of scripts that you could use as a basis. They have both backup and scheduled functions just not both in the same script. Be sure to check you have a new enough IOS since they have added many things in the later ones. This is one of my favorite new ios feature.

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/EEM?page=main

keeleym
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Joseph01

I think this can be achieved with the "kron" command if your IOS supports it.

Have a look at this article on ConfigureTerminal.com

http://www.configureterminal.com/free/kron.html

If you want to use the method shown on this page, then you might want to change the policy-list as follows

Router(config)# kron policy-list Backup

Router(config-kron-policy)# terminal length 0

Router(config-kron-policy)# show run | redirect tftp://10.1.1.1/test.cfg

Router(config-kron-policy)# terminal length 24

Router(config-kron-policy)# exit

Router(config)# kron occurrence Backup at 23:00 Sun recurring

Router(config-kron-occurrence)# policy-list Backup

Changing the terminal length to 0 makes the "show run" command execute without the normal page breaks. Terminal length 24 is the default setting, so you reset it after you have run the "show run" command.

HTH

Best regards,

Michael

Thanks, Ill look into the kron job. Didnt know you could do that. I appreciate the insight.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card