Views
Helpful
Replies

3825 Router Configure as H.323 Gateway

dtran
Level 6
Level 6

Hello everyone,

Can someone tell me if it's possible to configure a 3825 router as a H.323 gateway to register to more than CCM cluster ? or to register to a CCM cluster and a gatekeeper ?

Thanks very much in advance !!!

Danny

5 Replies 5

Michael Owuor
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Danny,

A 3825 router can be configured as a gateway in CallManager and at the same time it can be registered as a gateway in gatekeeper.

It could conceivably have dial-peers that use the GK for routing and other dial-peers that send calls directly to CCM.

It is possible. Just depends on what your goals are.

Note that when configured as a H.323 gateway in CCM, it doesn't really register like a MGCP gateway does or like it does to a GK. The The configuration in CCM just allows the devices to communicate with each other as H.323 endpoints.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Michael.

Hi Michael,

Appreciate your response and thank you very much !!

What I am trying to accomplish is I currently have a 3825 configured as H.323 gateway in CCM with a couple voice PRIs connect to it. And I am thinking about utilizing my existing 3825 for both voice and video calls assuming I will have to convert the voice PRIs to voice/data PRIs to support video calls, so if I can configure the 3825 to register to both CCM and gatekeeper at the same time then for voice calls will get routed to CCM and video calls will get routed to the gatekeeper.

Does this sound doable ?

Danny

shabali52
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Danny,

H.323 gateways don't register with CCM, only MGCP gateway do, I think you can have dial-peers for voice and video calls pointed to CCM and Gatekeeper accordingly. That way voice and video calls would be routed according to their matching dial-peers.

Hope this helps.

Danny,

Where do the video calls eventually terminate? What you're looking for can be done. You could leverage the enhanced TDM switching capabilities across the backplane of the ISR router to basically handle voice calls normally, but switch video calls to the PRI that connects to the video terminals. Such switching could be based on the dialed number with the router acting as a TDM switch providing a direct backplane TDM connection between the B channels.

The ISDN Voice, Video and Data Call Switching with Router TDM Switching Features is described here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk653/technologies_tech_note09186a00804794c6.shtml

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Michael.

first i would say that MICHAEL has given very valueable and useful information here

Danny i am wondering which topology u looking for and what kind of video u wanna use or integrate with ur GW,GK and CCM

thank you

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: