Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco Wireless 4400 password recovery

amitmarathe
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have configured radius setting on the wireless controller. After applying setting I lost the control. I want to break the password. Pl let me know how I cn be able to break pasword of 4400 wireless controller.

Thanks in Antiscipation.

4 Replies 4

Thanks for the quick responce. Fortunately I have created a local user priv 15 on wlc. I disconnected WLC from the netwrok. Then I could be able to login through the local user.

I have one question if i dont have fergot the local user id and password, in that case will my configuration will lost during the recovery process?

Thanks for ur help.

That link is for a 4400 router. If you clear the config from the boot, then you will loose all your configuration and will have to configure the wlc fro the startup wizard. Here is a Q&A fro the WiSM, which is the same for the 4400's:

How can I reset the WiSM to factory default settings?

A. Complete these steps to reset the WiSM controller to factory defaults:

1.Enter reset system at the WiSM controller CLI.

2.At the prompt that asks whether you need to save changes to the configuration, enter Y or N. The unit reboots.

3.When you are prompted for a username, enter recover-config to restore the factory default configuration. The Cisco WLAN controller reboots and displays this message:

Welcome to the Cisco WLAN Solution Wizard

Configuration Tool4.The WiSM is now reset to factory defaults. Use the configuration wizard to enter new configuration settings.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

How about just going to WCS and adding a new admin level user and then deleting the old?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card