cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Shun Interface

rmeans
Level 3
Level 3

When shunning, how is the interface decided?

show shun

shun (outside) 1.1.1.1 0.0.0.0 0 0 0

shun (inside) 2.2.2.2 0.0.0.0 0 0 0

I believe both IP addresses should be shunned on the outside interface.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

As per my understanding

The decision order is as follows

1. Static NAT entry

All static entries are checked to see if there is an entry with the global IP as the shunned IP. If there is then the actual shunned IP would be the local IP and the interface would be the local interface.

2. check the global addresses in the xlate and same process as above

3. If there is still no match, then a route lookup to figure out the source interface for this address and apply the shun to the interface returned by the route lookup.

Syed Iftekhar Ahmed

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

As per my understanding

The decision order is as follows

1. Static NAT entry

All static entries are checked to see if there is an entry with the global IP as the shunned IP. If there is then the actual shunned IP would be the local IP and the interface would be the local interface.

2. check the global addresses in the xlate and same process as above

3. If there is still no match, then a route lookup to figure out the source interface for this address and apply the shun to the interface returned by the route lookup.

Syed Iftekhar Ahmed

Thanks. I found a static entry that should have been a class C but instead referenced a class B.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: