cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

6509-E Sup32 Rommon mode...

misramanish
Level 1
Level 1

While I have fixed many a rommon mode issues on sup engines (including the "remote command sw sh ver" confreg setting issue) I have a sup32 that just won't quit the rommon mode. The sup engine came from another switch and when I do a "set" I see it's pointing to a code for boot that may or may not be on the sup engine. How do I change the boot parameter to boot off a disk0: or elsewhere?

Thanks!

5 Replies 5

Thanks for the link but therein lies the problem. On doing a dir disk0: I get a "cannot open device disk0:" with an open error = -35. If I could access my flash card in disk0: I think I can recover the switch.

I know the disk is good as I have used it on other sup engines and switches.

Is it currently in rommon? What other supervisors does the card work in?

Mark

A slight modification to my approach. I just formatted the Cisco provided disk on a different sup engine, then copied the code I want to run on this failed sup engine, then attempted the whole thing again, and it's looking good so far. Phew...a small format issue can create such a big headache...thx again for your link!

No problem. Some switches have different file formats which is probably why it didn't work before. It's generally a good idea to have cards formatted and loaded for the different supervisors you may have.

Good luck,

Mark

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card