cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

6509-E Sup32 Rommon mode...

misramanish
Level 1
Level 1

While I have fixed many a rommon mode issues on sup engines (including the "remote command sw sh ver" confreg setting issue) I have a sup32 that just won't quit the rommon mode. The sup engine came from another switch and when I do a "set" I see it's pointing to a code for boot that may or may not be on the sup engine. How do I change the boot parameter to boot off a disk0: or elsewhere?

Thanks!

5 Replies 5

Thanks for the link but therein lies the problem. On doing a dir disk0: I get a "cannot open device disk0:" with an open error = -35. If I could access my flash card in disk0: I think I can recover the switch.

I know the disk is good as I have used it on other sup engines and switches.

Is it currently in rommon? What other supervisors does the card work in?

Mark

A slight modification to my approach. I just formatted the Cisco provided disk on a different sup engine, then copied the code I want to run on this failed sup engine, then attempted the whole thing again, and it's looking good so far. Phew...a small format issue can create such a big headache...thx again for your link!

No problem. Some switches have different file formats which is probably why it didn't work before. It's generally a good idea to have cards formatted and loaded for the different supervisors you may have.

Good luck,

Mark

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: