Views
Helpful
Replies

Converting from VPN Concentrator to ASA

mrahman0302
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is there any conversion tools that I can use to convert from VPN Concentrator to ASA? Thanks in advance.

9 Replies 9

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

no, u have to do it manuly

1cmerchant
Level 1
Level 1

I am on the starting stages of this process myself, ie replacing an aging 3005 series concentrator with an ASA. Unfortunately the only way to do it is dig in and create the configuration on the ASA device from scratch. Good old fashioned elbow (or brain?) grease and some patience seem to be the best tools.

There is a tool. It's available only through your Cisco Support Team. It's a BETA version and does seem to do a good job. But it is not 100%. You will need to tweak your config some.

I've been through it from the end user standpoint. Don't let anyone tell you it's not there.

So, what is the tool name and how can I get that?

Thanks

Im not aware of a convertion tool yet, but you may try this link to get your started with migration plan.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa72/vpn3000_upgrade/upgrade/guide/migrate.html

Jorge Rodriguez

I'm away from my desk until Wednesday. I'll send what I have then.

OK, Here's the link your Cisco team will need. You must have full access to CCO to be allowed to use it (End User access is not allowed).

http://asapedia.cisco.com/index.php/VPN3000_to_ASA_Migration_Tool

It is known as the VPN 3000 to ASA 5500 Conversion Tool (BETA).

You send a XML version of your VPN 3000 config and your SE will need to wash it through the tool. Takes a few minutes. He then sends back the text file that will be run into your ASA to config your tunnels.

You should edit this text file as it will contain settings that may overwrite some existing (and possibly working) config.

HTH

Is the tool available thru TAC? or do we have to get it from our local Cisco SEs....

Hi,

Can it be published to cisco.com, please?

I understand it is BETA, it could still go public with a huge disclaimer i think.

By the way...

VPN 3000 concentrators reached their End of Life, End of Support, End of Everything.

Today is the last day to get support.

Thx!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: