cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSA 6.0 And remote desktop

cplatt01
Level 1
Level 1

I upgraded to CSA 6.0 agent on my PC and when I attempt to remote desktop into a server, I am not able to. I looked in the CSA logs and there is not a log message that states the action was blocked. I uninstalled CSA and I am able to RDP. Has anyone else experienced this, and is there a way around it?

There were no events in the management console as well.

Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

matt_nels
Level 1
Level 1

With CSA 6.0, the Network access control rule [1635], was key to this access. The application is identified as:

svhost.exe -k termsvcs

Termsvcs is your terminal services/RDP. Just add an exception to this rule allowing the connection using host addresses.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

tsteger1
Level 8
Level 8

I have it installed on a Vista laptop and RDP works ok.

Did test mode not help?

Mstsc.exe also needs to be allowed to capture all keystrokes (it is by default).

I did run it in test mode, but did not see any events for this type of behavior. I will continue to check it out.

matt_nels
Level 1
Level 1

With CSA 6.0, the Network access control rule [1635], was key to this access. The application is identified as:

svhost.exe -k termsvcs

Termsvcs is your terminal services/RDP. Just add an exception to this rule allowing the connection using host addresses.

The strange thing was that it only happend when I was connected via VPN.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: