Views
Helpful
Replies

NATting on Cisco 3550

abdave
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have got a Cisco 3550 switch and I want to perform Natting on this.I got to know that Natting is not supported on this.Can someone suggest which IOS on 3550 can support Natting.

Thanks in Advance

4 Replies 4

satish_zanjurne
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

NAT is not available on Catalyst 3550 plaform..so none of the IOS of 3550 has this feature..

HTH..

Thanks satish.

By the way 3550 comes with a CAT OS ? and then upgrade to IOS or how is it?I mean why it is called Catalyst switch?just a brand name ?

1.It comes with Cisco IOS

2.Origin of catalyst switch

Catalyst is the brand name for a variety of network switches sold by Cisco Systems. While commonly associated with Ethernet switches, a number of different interfaces have been available throughout the history of the brand. Cisco acquired several different companies and rebranded their products as different versions of the Catalyst product line. The original Catalyst 5000 and 6000 series were based on products originally developed by Crescendo Communications. The 1700, 1900, and 2800 -series Catalysts came from Grand Junction Networks, and the Catalyst 3000 came from Kalpana in 1994. [1]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catalyst_switch

HTH...

Great Thanks !!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card