Views
Helpful
Replies

How to Disable Timeout while on-hook dialing

christianluven
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

A customer is experiencing that while he dials in on-hook status and he is not fast enough, the dialed digits are reseted after a certain time.

Is it possible to disable this feature, so that the already dialed digits stay in phone infinite?

Greetings

Christian

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

just an update on this, i did some research on some other people looking for this within TAC and i can confirm what i mentioned in first place. it cannot be changed when being ON-hook

T_302 is only applicable being OFF-hook as it's the IDT.

they also mentioned that it's default to 10 seconds and it's on the FW as at that point the CCM has not even been notified the phone is doing something, those digits have not being sent to CUCM and thus is not being notified to monitor/change the behavior

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

jamieparr
Level 1
Level 1

I'm also interested in this, we have had this request and would like a definitive answer to give

AFAIK this cannot be changed since it's already hard-coded into phone firmware

HTH

java

HTH

java

kumar3880
Level 1
Level 1

hi

If i am not correct there is an option in the call manager service parameters where the on-hook first digit timer can be changed...

regards

kumar

I already looked for this, but i did not find it.

By the way, we use ccm 4.1

greetings

Christian

It is under Service parameters, CCM service.

Off-hook to First Digit Timer: This parameter specifies the maximum time that Cisco CallManager will wait to receive the first digit that the user dialed. If a digit is not received by the time that this parameter specifies, Cisco CallManager terminates the call.

This is a required field.

Default: 15000

Minimum: 0

Maximum: 150000

Unit: msec

I think this is an off-hook timer.

My problem is, that the customer wants to type in the number in the phone without pressing "dial" softkey or lifting the hook.While he is doing that, sometimes he must have a second look at the a business card e.g after 10 seconds the phone clears the display and goes back to stand by.

What it seems to be is the "End of Digit timer" which is normally used when you have generic pattern such 9.!. The system waits for the T302 timer - Service Parameters> CCM ? search for T302 - there are two sets - MGCP, H323, to expire so to confirm whether you have entered all the digits or wait for more. The issue is that you need generic patterns so if you use any of the dial plans which have explicit digit matchs except for international calls then the T302 timer does not kick in as it will find exact matches in the plan, the other issue if you do have generic patterns such as 9.! how long do you set the timer for before people complain about the delay. You could overcome this by telling them to add a # at the end of the dialled number which tells CCM that they have finished dialling the number

Create two patterns

9.! - Business card user

9.!# - Normal users - send call out ASAP

just an update on this, i did some research on some other people looking for this within TAC and i can confirm what i mentioned in first place. it cannot be changed when being ON-hook

T_302 is only applicable being OFF-hook as it's the IDT.

they also mentioned that it's default to 10 seconds and it's on the FW as at that point the CCM has not even been notified the phone is doing something, those digits have not being sent to CUCM and thus is not being notified to monitor/change the behavior

HTH

java

HTH

java

Very helpfull, thank you very much!!

Is there a pdf or a white paper explaining this issue?

Would be very nice to show the customer that it is not changeable.

kind regards

Christian

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: