Views
Helpful
Replies

Hunt Group forwarding

jamieparr
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have an issue with a hunt group, my setup is I have a DN that hunts through multiple Devices. All the devices share the hunting DN's voicemail.

The problem is that at the end of the day they all forward their phones to voicemail, of course this just sends the hunt number round in a loop. Is there a way of telling the hunt number to go to voicemail if no numbers are available?

Thanks,

Jamie

6 Replies 6

araffill
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Jamie,

You can set this under Hunt Forward Settings of the hunt pilot number.

Call forwarding setting in the individual hunt group member phone will not work when the call is routed via the hunt pilot number.

You should set this in the Hunt Forward Settings of the hunt pilot number.

You can also configure the Max Hunt Timer under the same settings.

HTH..

Cheers

Hi Jamie,

Another way to do this is to have the voice mail number as the last member of the hunt group.

Cheers.

The call forwarding of an extension which is in a hunt group should not effect the working of the group. The CF only works when the DN is called directly not when it is rung via a Hunt group

Thanks araffill,

I have set this within the hunt pilot number, the voicemail does take affect form a no answer. If the phones are forwarded to voicemail the hunt number seems to cut in through the voicemail rendering the busy option useless.

Any suggestions on stopping it from cutting in through the voicemail?

Hi Jamie,

Sorry I could not understand the problem you are facing regarding the cutting-in through the voice mail. can you please elaborate on what you mean by cutting in?

I assume that you have set the Forward Hunt No Answer Number and the Forward Hunt Busy Number under Hunt Forward Settings in the Hunt pilot configuration.

Also, I assume that you have not added voicemail as a member of the hunt group.

Also want to check with you whether if you have checke the Use Personal Preferences check box under the Hunt Forward Settings.

The Use Personal Preferences check box under the Hunt Forward Settings

enables the Call Forward No Coverage settings in the Directory Number

Configuration page for the original called number that forwarded the call to this

hunt pilot. If checked, CallManager ignores the Destination and Calling Search

Space settings configured under the hunt pilot.

HTH....

Arafill,

I have come up with an answer to my question.

Our organisation has one partition for all intenal phones. I have replaced my individual directory numbers with translation patterns to my hunt group. The individual numbers then have their own calling search space with newly created partitions they themselves are in. All the numbers use Hlog to move in and out of the hunt group and are able to transfer between themselves. Anyone outside of these numbers when trying to dial them hits the hunt group.

Thanks everyone for the assistance in this

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: