cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BGP routes not showing in routing table

j.lipsett
Level 1
Level 1

On my test lab I have 4 routers. All running BGP + local IGP. Three routers are in the same AS 100. Sh ip bgp on all three routers show the correct networks have been learned by bgp and when you do a SH ip route, two of the routers have injected the bgp external\local routes into the local routing table but one router has not. This router is the mid router between the two edge routers? any ideas?

7 Replies 7

satish_zanjurne
Level 4
Level 4

Can you attach the configuration of all routers & show ip bgp for each one ??

It could be one of the config issue!!!!

Hi

The middle switch is connected via ethernet ports to the two edge routers. I have attached configs.

John,

As Satish indicated, could you please provide a "show ip bgp 20.200.200.0" from P1R4. This will help determining why the route is not installed in the RIB.

Regards,

Harold Ritter
Sr Technical Leader
CCIE 4168 (R&S, SP)
harold@cisco.com
México móvil: +52 1 55 8312 4915
Cisco México
Paseo de la Reforma 222
Piso 19
Cuauhtémoc, Juárez
Ciudad de México, 06600
México

hi hritter

Have attached as requested.

John,

The BGP best path looks good and should be installed in the RIB. I noticed that the IOS version is quite old, which might cause the issue. Can you do a "clear ip route *" and see if the bgp routes get installed in the RIB.

Regards,

Harold Ritter
Sr Technical Leader
CCIE 4168 (R&S, SP)
harold@cisco.com
México móvil: +52 1 55 8312 4915
Cisco México
Paseo de la Reforma 222
Piso 19
Cuauhtémoc, Juárez
Ciudad de México, 06600
México

Hi

I will try and use a router with a newer IOS.

I found the solution to my problem. I probably did not explain it to you properly.

I had to redistribute BGP int EIGRP at the two edge routers and this showed as EX D route in the routing table of the mid router. Thanks for your time.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card