Views
Helpful
Replies

2611 got so many packet error, crc and collision

1guanaswitch
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I implemented rate-limit using 2611, but when i see the interface statistic i saw so many packet error, CRC, and Collision. Which cause the network become unstable and so slow, i have to clear ip nat translation, logging, and dhcp binding and even to reload the router first to make it works normal again. But after a while it happened again. All my switches using catalyst 2924. If i use 2611 just for simple routing without rate-limit, no packet error, crc, or collision.

Any idea what was wrong with the router? I used IOS 12.3(5a). Thanks before.

3 Replies 3

smalkeric
Level 6
Level 6

To limit the rate of messages logged per second, you can use the logging rate-limit command in global configuration mode

The following URL may help you:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_2/configfun/command/reference/frf013.html#wp1170448

Hi,

thanks for replying...

i've set the logging rate-limit... but how do i know what causing the interface have packet error, crc and collision??

is it because the interface on 2611 only 10mbps (ethernet) while the catalyst using 100mbps (fast ethernet) which become bottle neck??

It most likely would be a duplex mismatch (one side running half duplex, the other is running full duplex.

Try manually setting both sides.

Good Luck

Scott

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: